In this topic we will talk about ” How to add subtitles to a video without any editing program “, but we will use only a simple program that exists within all copies of Windows, Which is the Notepad program which can be found in all computers using Windows operating system.
There are many purposes to add subtitles to a video including:
- The translation of movies and serial’s episodes.
- The addition of copyright hints.
- The addition of information about the video and its owner.
To know How to add subtitles to a video without any editing program, Please follow the steps below:
How to add subtitles to a video
Open the Notepad program from the start menu:
Write the text that you want to appear in the video but after typing:
- The number which arranges the texts which appear in the video.
- The code that determines the time when the text appears
- The code that determines the time when it disappears as in the picture below:
After you finish writing all the required texts, you must do the following:
- Save the file with the same name as the video file on which the text will appear.
- You must also change the extension of the text file from the extension ” .txt ” to the extension “.srt”.
- Put the text file with the video file in the same folder as in the following picture:
Now, open the video to ensure that the text is added to it:
- You can now see that the text on the video has been successfully added.
- And you can open the text file at any time to edit the text which added to the video.
- And this edit is also done with using the Notepad program that we used in today’s tutorial.
The last step you should do is to share your experience in today’s tutorial, good luck.